Welcome Forums General Disscussion Say Hello:)

16 replies, 13 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Warehouse 9 Productions Warehouse 9 Productions 3 weeks, 4 days ago
  • Profile photo of karengillmorekarengillmore
    Participant
    @karengillmore

My Achievements

Blogger IconCritic IconBeta Tester IconCXC Member IconFeatured Comic IconFounder Icon

Hi Everybody! I’m a long-time illustrator who finally found my true calling a few years ago at the ripe old age of… um, uh… never mind. Anyway, here’s what happened:

In December 2011, my friend Joan Steacy happened in to my studio during a studio tour and told me about a new program she and her husband Ken Steacy were putting together at Camosun College here in Victoria, BC. It was to be a full-time, one-year certificate program, with both art and writing courses, and sounded really exciting, but I thought that was a bit of a radical departure to be embarking upon at my age (again, never mind). However, Ken was also doing an evening continuing-ed class, a much smaller commitment of time and money, and I thought it would be fun and maybe give me some new angles on illustration, as I felt my storytelling could use a boost. Little did I know that I was about to finally discover what I wanted to do when I grew up!

I finished the evening course, signed up (falling all over myself in haste) for the year-long, full-time program, and after graduating from that, took a year’s mentorship with the Steacys. And now I’m a cartoonist, with six books self-published — I’ve never worked so hard and had so much fun doing it in my life!

I teach art classes, including comics, at a local rec centre, though I’m taking a hiatus this year to really focus on my comics. I have so many stories that I want to tell!

Oh yeah, and I have a webcomic: https://mermaidcomic.com

Profile photo of Warehouse 9 ProductionsWarehouse 9 Productions
    Participant
    @warehouse9

My Achievements

Blogger IconCritic IconBeta Tester IconCXC Member IconSounding Board Member IconFounder Icon

Howdy!

I’m Lance Lucero. I own and operate Warehouse 9 Productions, Ltd. It’s an aspiring media and literary outlet. I’m so glad to be a part of ComixCenteral! Finally, a place for true independents!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.