Welcome Forums Making Comics Killer Wolf Project Killer Wolf Project – Description & Instructions

21 replies, 6 voices Last updated by  justinprime 6 months ago
  • justinprime @

Gary Vaynerchuk encourages everyone to give more than they get and to share their best ideas for free. I’m going to take that advice very very literally and I ask nothing in return.

I’ve had an absolutely killer idea on my mind for a few weeks now. The problem is, I know I won’t have the time to invest in it for quite a while. Astr0 Pi6 and the JPrimecast are my main focuses right now and will continue to be.

But I am able to write this idea as a very crude script. I think of it as a seed. Something for you to grow, if you wish.

This is intended for any artist to do with what they want. They can polish the script, they can pencil it or ink someone else’s pencils of it. Whatever. You may just want to create a fanart pinup of it or a movie poster. Those are cool too, it’s up to you. It’s a community script.

There’s no right way, there’s no wrong way. And I don’t care where you’re at on the scale of growth. I don’t care if you are brand new to comics or are a seasoned pro.

It’s very simple, but effective, I think. No crazy backgrounds, which is good for someone looking to just create and have fun or for someone just starting out or even a seasoned person looking to cleanse their pallet.

It’s my gift to the indie community, no matter where you’re at on the growth scale and no matter what you want to do with it. Practice, change it, make it a full comic, make it a movie or animate it.

Sell what you create, I don’t care.

Mention my name in your creations, that’d be cool. Otherwise, it’s yours as much as it is mine.

I leave it in your hands.

Download the script here

-Justin Prime
    Theartofjustinprime.com
    Host of the JPrimecast: Create Independently
    @theartofjustinprime on Instagram

Here are a couple of my character designs to get the ball rolling!

ComixCentral
    Keymaster
    @comixcentral

My Achievements

Super Critic IconBlogger IconHoarder IconConnoisseur Icon

Message from ComixCentral:

We are going to be actively promoting this project, and attempting to get as many creators as possible involved. This project will run for 1 year starting today (June 29, 2018) At the end of that time, we will compile ALL of the finished and shared art, scripts, Comics, strips and more into one awesome piece of incredible art that will be completely FREE for everyone to download and enjoy!

We will also be giving this masterpiece to all new members as a welcome and introduction to the talent on ComixCentral! So, even if you just want to add some sketches or notes on the script, join in because the potential reach will be far and wide! Who knows, this could be your big break!

Contributing creators will be fully credited and of course, you’re all welcome to print versions with full rights to distribute.

We want to thank @justinprime for his generous contribution to the community, and we look forward to what you guys are going to do with it!

You can email your submissions to [email protected] and we’ll get them shared in a special area just for Killer Wolf.

justinprime
    @justinprime

My Achievements

CXC Member IconFan IconFeatured Comic Icon

I’m really excited the project is up and running! A year gives me a lot of time to contribute more than just a loose script. I’d like to bust out some pencil work for it and see if anyone wants to snowball that into some inks and colors. Thanks @comixcentral!

Lab5studios
    Participant
    @lab5studios

My Achievements

Critic 3 IconCXC Member IconFan IconFeatured Comic Icon

Lets go!

ComixCentral
    Keymaster
    @comixcentral

My Achievements

We’re excited too! Can’t wait to see and read what folks come up with! 😀

ComixCentral
    Keymaster
    @comixcentral

My Achievements

Our first contribution comes from @lab5studios. What do you guys think? Pretty rad right?!? Geesh you’re talented Luke!

Killer Wolf Drawing

ComixCentral
    Keymaster
    @comixcentral

My Achievements

A new badass character design coming in from Riccardo Desini – @onesheeparmy

Killer wolf character design- Riccardo Desini

Rick Joseph
    Participant
    @lightamatch

My Achievements

I Love Indie IconCritic IconCXC Member IconFan Icon

I don’t get it.​…  ​Am I the only on confused about this project?

ComixCentral
    Keymaster
    @comixcentral

My Achievements

Can I clear anything up for you? We want to make sure everyone understands how to participate if they’re interested, so your feedback is very important.

Rick Joseph
    Participant
    @lightamatch

My Achievements

What exactly is the “project” and what is there to collect?

This is what I understood… artists can draw a comic based on their version and interpretation of the script/story. All submissions will resemble one another, will they not?

ComixCentral
    Keymaster
    @comixcentral

My Achievements

You understood correctly.

Basically, Justin just said, “here is a script”. Do what you will.

So creators can hone their skills at anything. If you want to make character designs, do it! If you want to make a cover, do it! If you want to re-write the script, do it! — Anything goes.

In a year, we’re going to take all the submissions and put them into a “Look what the creators on ComixCentral can do” book. But, if you’d rather take the script, make your own comic and sell it, you’re welcome to do that as well. It’s completely free and up to you what you’d like to do. We and Justin just ask that you share your creations with the everyone to see and enjoy and of course, give Justin credit for the original script idea.

I get that it’s a confusing idea, and irregular. It’s not really an anthology.. more of a free for all!

justinprime
    @justinprime

My Achievements

Nice job, Ricardo!  I’d like to share it to my Instagram account.  Do you have an account on IG so I can tag you?  Thanks for pitching in, you killed it!

justinprime
    @justinprime

My Achievements

Hi, @lightamatch, thanks for asking and taking interest.  I think @comixcentral answered it just right.  Let me know if I can clear something else up for you.  Basically I kept hearing from potential indie creators that there were a number of things stopping them from actually creating.  Mental, emotional, practical stuff… you get the idea.  But one of the obstacles to creating I’d hear about is not having an idea or knowing how to write a story.  I can’t solve people’s emotional or mental obstacles, but I can definitely donate a script.  So that’s just it.  It’s a donation to anyone and everyone, but especially those that are ready to create and need that next step.  It’s a loose script, so it can be changed if a writer wants to throw in.  It’s also specific enough for someone to just start drawing if they want to.  I hope you join in!

Rick Joseph
    Participant
    @lightamatch

My Achievements

​Nah, I totally get Justin’s idea. It’s a free script… do whatever you want. Not a problem.

It was CXC’s part I didn’t get. There’s nothing written in the thread where you encourage creators to submit their work. ​I would have expected a ‘call to creators​’. Plus it just wasn’t clear to me that you would collect all the submissions and put them into a “Look what the creators on ComixCentral can do” book. Anyway, no big deal. It’s clear now.

justinprime
    @justinprime

My Achievements

Killer Wolf Opening LineHi, all!  Thanks @lab5studios for making Killer Wolf the focus of this week’s #lab5weeklychallenge.  I did the opening piece of dialogue from the script.  If I were to continue today, I’d probably create another splash page before this one where KW is floating in silence.  I think it’s important to set up the pacing right off the bat as quiet and calm, then introduce the idea of losing his sanity.  Posing wise, I would continue to aim for a very imbalanced, floaty feel.  If anyone wants to use this image in their own story or whatever, feel free…

Lab5studios
    Participant
    @lab5studios

My Achievements

Critic 3 IconCXC Member IconFan IconFeatured Comic Icon

Killer Wolf concept

justinprime
    @justinprime

My Achievements

Always phenomenal, @lab5studios. Thanks again for helping to get the word out there about Killer Wolf!

ComixCentral
    Keymaster
    @comixcentral

My Achievements

Awesome work guys!

justinprime
    @justinprime

My Achievements

I’m wrapping up Astr0 Pi6 this week and will start working on my version of Killer Wolf right away! I’m really looking forward to it. I think my first steps will be understanding the character’s turnaround better as well as getting a version of the script that is broken down by page and panel.

I’ll be donating those to the community as well. I’m hoping to see more Killer Wolf out there from my fellow indie creators!

justinprime
    @justinprime

My Achievements

https://www.theartofjustinprime.com/killer-wolf?lightbox=dataItem-jkzvr0ti

My first object from the script!  I’ve also begun the process of breaking down everything into panels and pages.  I’ll post it once I am done, anyone is free to use it for whatever they want.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.