ComixCentral Presents – The Best of Indie: Anthology 2019
Submissions open January 1st, 2019 and will run through March 31st, 2019
Submissions are closed for 2019. See you next year!
The Best of Indie: Anthology 2019 is to be a Comic anthology sponsored by ComixCentral and Kickstarted in the Spring of 2019.
All who wish to apply are encouraged to do so. The winning applicants will be chosen by the ComixCentral anthology team and will be responsible for completing their submissions on time and in the format requested.
DETAILS & RULES
Family– blood or not, family can mean something different to everyone. We want to celebrate the family bond that exists within the comics community. We want stories that revolve around a family like structure. They can extend into any other genre but must consist of a family element.
- Minimum of 1 page, a maximum of 12 pages.
- So, that means no gratuitous violence, sex or language. Keep it above the belt!
- Black and white/Greyscale
- Submissions will be submitted in PDF or JPEG form. If your story is selected we will notify you of final submission files that will be needed for print.
- Art must be at least 300dpi
- Any genre goes.
- All comics must be full stories, no cliffhangers or pitches for other stories.
- You must be a complete team. ie: writer, artist, inker, letterist or any combination. It’s up to your team to work out the details. We have provided a forum thread here to help get the ball rolling for you all!
- Stories and art must be completely original to your team. No copyrighted characters or storylines will be accepted.
- The Book will be printed standard graphic novel size. (we will be providing a template soon, but in the meantime, you can use this handy link from Kablam.)
- All stories must be submitted complete no partial stories will be accepted.
- Compensation will consist of 3 printed books for every story page submitted. For example, an 8-page story will receive 24 books as compensation.
- Compensation will be shipped to one member of the creative team who lives in the US, UK or Canada. If no members of the creative team live in any of those three countries they will still be able to receive compensation but they will be responsible for the shipping costs.
- Compensation is contingent on the Kickstarter funding.
- After compensation has been shipped all members of the creative team will be able to purchase more copies of the book at a discounted rate plus shipping no matter where they live.
- ComixCentral will hold exclusive publishing rights for one year after the first book is printed.
- At the end of one year, we will provide all the creators with publishing releases allowing you to submit, print, and sell your story in any way you’d like.
Submissions Open January 1st, 2019 – Deadline for entry is March 31st, 2019
Submissions are closed!
Good Luck and Have Fun!